“The capability to recycle is quite limited in the world. We’re only recycling 14% of plastics.”As an organiser of races we try to do as little harm as possible to the environment.
We offer our medals as an optional extra. Because of the economy of scale there is no profit in this. We only charge what they cost. The reasons for this.
- We do not want to generate waste. Some people do not want a medal.
- We believe you should only pay for things you want. So if you don't want a medal you don't pay for one.
- We understand this may be the first time you have run as far as this and want to remember it.
- We plan to look into more environmentally friendly medals in the future.
Currently we don't offer t-shirts.
- Tec t-shirts are made from polyester, which is a plastic
- We may introduce optional t-shirts in the future, but they will be made from cotton and will be biodegradable.
Our races have a no plastic cups policy.
- We ask you to bring a reusable collapsible cup or bottle with you on your journey.
- This also stops rubbish falling into the canal.
We double sweep our events and clear more rubbish away than our runners deposit
- We have an automatic ban from all our races for littering.
We don't believe recycling is the answer. We believe not producing unwanted items is the place to start.